OTTAWA, Canada and TEL AVIV, Israel; The Canada-Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (CIIRDF) today announced the launch of a new Call for Proposals (CFP) for bilateral R&D projects. Leveraging support from the Governments of Canada and Israel, this CFP aims to stimulate R&D collaboration between firms in Canada and Israel with a focus on the commercialization of new technologies.
Eligibility: This Call invites private sector companies from Canada and Israel to propose joint research, R&D and technology development projects for the creation of innovative products or processes with a non-defence application. The maximum duration of a CIIRDF project is 36 months.
- Canadian firms can leverage academic expertise on their R&D project and engage students jointly with the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC).
- Public sector organizations, such as universities and research institutions, are eligible to participate in R&D projects as project subcontractors or consultants (not applicants)
Funding: Following a rigorous evaluation process, CIIRDF selects and awards Canada-Israel R&D teams with financial contributions up to 50 percent of the eligible project costs to a maximum of CDN$ 800,000 per project,
Areas of Special Consideration: Special consideration will be given to projects in the following areas:
- Information and Communication Technologies (including cyber, fintech)
- Life Sciences
- Clean tech and sustainable tech (including water, renewables), plus limited energy (oil and gas)
- Agriculture and agrifood (including agri-tech)
Summary Proposal Submission Deadline: October 6, 2017
Full Proposal Submission Deadline: October 31, 2017
Notification of Approved Projects: January 2018
Seeking an R&D partner? CIIRDF offers a matchmaking service for companies in both countries.
Apply Now: Visit www.ciirdf.ca for application guidelines, templates and proposal evaluation details
For additional information, please contact: